Sustaining International Sisters Share “What They Know”

After spending time in breakout rooms naming the different women in their lives who were mentors to them, international sisters told a story about one of their mentors. Then we spent time writing in the chat box what we know about being strong women. We are changing the way people perceive the strength of women one assertion at a time! Happy International Women’s Day! This what we know…

 

I know that

 

I know that kindness and generosity can change the world.

I know that this time together is important.

I know that spending time together makes a difference.

I know that being strong makes a difference.

I know that making new friends makes a difference.

I know that listening to our bodies - goes a long, long way....

I know that every bad thing in your life looks a bit better after you've shared it with someone.

I know that patience is important.

I know that laughing together makes a difference.

I know that nature has the capacity to destroy and to restore.

I know that those who love change the world.

I know standing by each other is important.

I know that women who make a difference can have many types of personalities.

I know that silence is sometimes the best answer.

I know that words can throw you down or bring you up.

I know that the God loves me, and I am in here with good women.

I know that suspending judgement goes a long way not just for myself but for others too.

I know that stopping and resting is good to go further.

I know that life is full of surprises.

I know not giving up on each other makes a difference.

I know that I'm trying to be a strong woman.

I know that accepting people just the way they are makes a difference.

I know that an empowered woman empowers women.

I know that age does not put limitations on what one can do.

I know that being kind, patient and compassionate is good for our world.

 

 

Sustaining International Sisters Affirm Ourselves! This is who we are! 

 

On International Women’s Day 2021, we celebrated and affirmed our strengths. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SISlet: A Small Gathering of International Women Moving at the Speed of the Body for New SISters

Communicating the Facts--More than a Feeling